Monday, December 21, 2009

Is this for real?

I just do not feel pregnant. This is too weird. All I want to do is eat food with a lot of flavor. That's it. My breasts are a little tender, a little fuller, with slightly darker nipples. My temp is up every morning. My organs have all moved up and my belly looks big at only 7 weeks. Occasionally when I stand up I can feel some pulling, some tightness. And I felt it a little while shoveling snow.

But seriously, that's it. No nausea. No smell sensitivity. No real fatigue to speak of that can't be explained by other factors. So weird.

On Thursday we will visit with family for the holidays. I expect to tell them then. Not because I have weird eating behaviors like I did the first time at this exact gestational age -- like when I ate an entire steak dinner and then had to order room service after leaving a wedding early. That time we told my father-in-law and brother-in-law that night before I left for the room, and everyone else the next morning.

This time I think it will be too visible. Even though it's winter, I think it won't take long for someone to notice. And, more than anything, we're in person, something that rarely happens. It would seem silly not to tell them now. It might seem silly that we'll arrive without having told them already.

I'm still not sure what we'll say or how we'll say it. I feel so damn casual about the whole thing. How will that sound?

No comments:

Post a Comment